BLY 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga Alliance Certified
- Next session October 2017
- The Teacher Training Program is presented in 2 parts.
Part 1: The Yogi’s Path 4 week Program
- Windsor and Essex County’s definitive yoga lifestyles program!
- Take your practice to the next level where you will learn how to walk the walk, and walk the talk.
- Stepping on the path with courage and authenticity.
- Do you consider yourself a yogi? What does that mean exactly? Join us for an in depth look at the practices, philosophies and ethics of a modern day yogi.
- Course covers yamas, niyamas, asana, pranayama, kriyas, mantra, nada yoga, yogic diet, ethics and morality.
- The perfect program for anyone who wants to deepen their yoga practice.
- This course is mandatory for anyone participating in the teacher training, but everyone is welcome.
- 4 week program open to all aspiring yogis and yoginis.
- Continuing Education Credit hours available for qualified teachers.
- Yogi’s Path begins Friday October 13th!
- Date & Time:
Friday October 13, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday October 15, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Friday October 20, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday October 22, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Friday October 27, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday October 29, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Friday November 3, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday November 5, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Shala begins Saturday November 11, Anatomy Intensive.
Part 2: BLY Yoga Shala 6 month Program
- Immerse yourself in the yogic tradition. This program is for anyone who aspires to teach yoga with integrity and authenticity, or for the serious student who wants to take their personal practice to the next level.
- The BLY Yoga Shala is the most comprehensive program of study in the area.
- The perfect program for anyone who wants to deepen their yoga practice.
- Potential candidates can contact Mary for an application and class schedule.
- Timing: Yoga Shala is a serious commitment and will span 6 months.
- Asana – You will learn to teach a variety of asana, safely and effectively. Learn modifications to make the practice accessible to everyone. Learn to offer skilled and meaningful assists to your students to enhance their practice.
- Pranayama – You will learn to effectively teach a variety of breath techniques, including but not limited to ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and bhramari breath.
- Meditation – You will learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
- Anatomy – You will take scientific look at anatomy and biomechanics, with a focus on injury prevention through understanding optimal alignment and functional anatomy. You will also learn about the subtle body (chakra system).
- History and Philosophy – You will study the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and The Bhagavad Gita and learn how these ancient teachings provide a model that can be applied to modern day life. You will learn to make these teaching relevant and timeless for yourself and your students.
Attention Yoga Teachers! Audit the BLY Yoga Shala!
- This is a unique opportunity available only to certified Yoga teachers who have completed 200 hours of training at an approved Yoga School.
- Take the TT for continuing education credit hours.
- Refine and enhance your teaching.
- Teachers who audit the program attend the Yogi’s Path and Yoga Shala and receive 100 hours in Continuing Credit hours through the Yoga Alliance.
- Spaces are limited.
- Contact Mary @ 519-915-4023 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- The Yogi’s Path: $400 + hst
- Early Bird Pricing , Yoga Shala: $2900 + hst, before July 31, 2017 $3200 after(price of Shala include’s the Yogi’s Path)
- Books not included.
- Payment plans are available.
- For more information or to register contact Mary @ 519-915-4023 or email@example.com
Blossoming Lotus Yoga Teacher Training Program is an approved by the Minister of Employment and Social Development under subparagraphs 118.5(1)(a)(ii) and 118.6(1)(a)(ii) of the Income Tax Act.
Dan is the President and founder of FunctionAtomy, LLC with a dedicated curriculum of Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-mechanics and Injury prevention courses for the Yoga practitioner. Dan teaches foundational 100-level courses on Anatomy and Physiology as well more advanced 200-level workshops on bio-mechanics and injury prevention for the serious Yoga practitioner and teacher. Dan is currently practicing as a Physical Therapist at HealthQuest Physical Therapy and Medical Fitness in Lake Orion, MI.
I can’t imagine doing my teacher training anywhere else. Mary and Nancy are professional, thorough and compassionate. In fact, the entire BLY community of teachers and students was amazingly supportive, encouraging me and offering constructive feedback. The training has transformed my own practice. We delved deeply into the history and ethical precepts of Yoga, and explored its many branches – from asana to meditation to pranayama. In addition to making my own way on the Yogic path, I now feel confident to begin guiding others, safely and authentically, and I have access to so many resources to deepen my own practice, and that of others. My TT class was very diverse. It included three men and six women, of all ages and walks of life, from teachers to martial arts instructors to university students. I am so grateful to have had these different perspectives on the role of Yoga in our lives, all converging in the desire to share this amazing tradition with others. Mary has structured the training in such a way that there is plenty of time to read, reflect and discuss. Extending it over six months allowed me to manage my time, so that I could still tend to my full-time job! At the same time, this schedule allowed me to integrate the teachings into my own practice a little at a time. With so many opportunities to observe other teachers, practice our own teaching, and receive helpful feedback, I now feel very confident in my abilities! If you are interested in learning more about the authentic tradition of Yoga in all its forms, and how to guide others to elevate their practice by designing effective classes and offering purposeful assists (both verbal and hands-on), I encourage you to commit to TT with Mary Farrell at Blossoming Lotus Yoga!
I know that sometimes when a person says that an experience has changed their lives, there is still doubt in the mind of the other. Being a part of the Blossoming Lotus Teacher Training Shala in September 2013 with Mary Farrell and Nancy Drew stands among the best decisions of my life. This TT is unlike any other. We undertook a comprehensive study of all branches of Yoga. We talked at length about the ethical precepts of Yoga, the sacred gurus, its history and evolution, the importance of leading a compassionate life, among many other topics. Our weekly conversations and Satsang allowed us Shala mates to share our joys and our challenges. TT is an in-depth examination of who you are and of your practice. Truthfully, it allows you to examine everything, and so having an unbelievably supportive community of practitioners was amazing. Mary’s ability to guide us through mindful and meaningful assists has allowed me to share these sacred teachings and serve in our community with confidence. Nancy’s weekly teachings and practices of Bhakti and Pranayama allowed us to integrate these in our teaching as well. As Yoga is a spiritual practice, learning chants, as well as how to lead them was invaluable (and also inspired me to drive to Kala Kendar in Toronto and bring a harmonium home to Windsor. Her name is Cordelia.). The support from all of the teachers at Blossoming Lotus with their feedback throughout our Karma Classes and assist classes was so very helpful. Renée and Sharon were always available to answer our questions and to practice our assists on. Having the TT span a period of six months allowed me to integrate these practices into my life in a very authentic way. It allowed me the time to be able to think and reflect and to complete any readings and homework without being stressed. The practice journal, readings and reflections were all invaluable, and could be done at my own pace. I cannot imagine NOT having done this, and am so very grateful to have taken this life-changing journey with Maryji and Nancyji.
I initially took the yogis path because I really wanted to learn about yoga beyond asana. Being a yoga teacher myself, I felt that I had a good understanding of what “makes up” a yoga practice but I was humbled…if I had to describe the yogis path in one word it would be “transformative”. After the second class I was thirsty for more. Mary’s enthusiasm and knowledge coupled with the groups energy made me sign up for the teacher training. I can honestly say that my life has never been the same. There is nothing superficial about the way I practice, it is deep and grateful. You will not regret the Yogi’s Path that is a guarantee.
I entered the Blossoming Lotus Yoga Teacher Training program not knowing what to expect and not prepared for the inner changes and incredible growth I would leave with. Having had a background only in asana meant that my learning curve was steep. A lot of material was covered and I soon understood that Yoga is a life journey. The course content and structure was exceptional. We were nurtured all the way. By the end of the program I felt an incredible connection to the rest of my peers; we experienced so much together and watched each other learn and grow. There was a general sense of trust and respect between everyone in our class. It was an experience that truly changed my life and I am thankful for it every day.
Always trust your gut when making decisions. Intuitive guidance is the only way I can explain how I ended up in Blossoming Lotus’ transformational Yogi’s Path and Yoga Teacher Training program. I didn’t really know what I was doing there but I somehow knew it was where I had to be. I became friends with the most incredible, supportive group of women, transformed in unbelievable ways and I am now living the most fulfilling, miraculous life where my passion, my purpose and my career are one. The Yogi’s Path is a fantastic way to start exploring in depth the remarkable practice of yoga as well as exploring your best Self. I took a huge leap of faith signing up for this program and everyday I am grateful for that choice.
Attending the Yogi’s Path was a wonderful adventure in self-discovery. I uncovered different facets of my life as well as Yoga. The teachings provided by Mary and Nancy were supremely informative, inspiring and fro. m the heart. Words cannot truly articulate what the Yogi’s Path may possibly reveal. This is a footpath that, to truly appreciate and realize, should be experienced. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this teaching and I encourage and hope others will walk this Path to raise awareness of harmoniously incorporating the Union of Yoga in everyday life.
The YTT at Blossoming Lotus Yoga is unbelievably comprehensive and thorough, in breadth and depth. Mary Farrell’s dedication to her practice has set her up to be a phenomenal teacher of asana, pranayama, sanskrit, kriyas, meditation and the attitudes and practices to cultivate for right living. Mary doesn’t just talk the talk, she walks the walk, and you will too by the time you finish this outstanding TT.
The addition of Nancy Drew, our locally famous Kirtan songstress, adds an element to this TT that you will find no where else. A whiz on the harmonium, Nancy’s knowledge of Sanskrit, love of yoga, and overall contagiously beautiful energy will leave you feeling like a whole new yogi! These two are a dynamic duo, and I can’t say enough about how grateful I am to have received my training and certification from them. If you are considering the BLY YTT, do yourself a favour, jump right in! Om Shanti!